What is a PC Monitor
A PC monitor also referred to as a computer monitor, is the device that displays the output of a computer. It usually consists of a screen with an image on it and a casing around the screen and electronics. This is different from a television, which includes the screen and electronics in one unit.
Some business users may prefer to purchase a PC monitor only. This saves money on an additional device such as a printer or scanner and it also means that you don’t need to find space for two devices instead of just one.
What do I use my PC monitor for?
There are several different uses for a PC monitor:
1. Checking your email and internet browsing
2. Using office software such as word processors and spreadsheets
3. Watching movies, playing games, and listening to music
4. Preparing PowerPoint presentations
5. Giving presentations using a projector
6. Checking your company’s security with CCTV software
What is the most common type of PC monitor?
The majority of users will purchase a flat-screen LCD monitor. These have a number of advantages over older monitors:
– They are slimmer and lighter, so they take up less space on your desk
– The models with smaller screens are even lighter than larger models, so they are ideal for transporting to work meetings
– As the flat screen is the same size as the image it displays, you get an accurate view of images and text which reduces eye strain
A flat-screen monitor also has several disadvantages, however:
– The screens are more expensive than older monitors
– They do not perform as well in bright rooms, or outside in sunlight
– Some models have poor viewing angles which cause the screen to fade if you aren’t sitting directly in front of it
What kinds of PC monitors are available?
You can choose from an array of different monitor types, each with its own advantages and disadvantages.
– LCD monitors are the most common, with the others being more uncommon
– LED monitors to use less electricity than LCD or CRT models
– CRT (cathode ray tube) monitors were once the most popular type of PC monitor but they have largely been replaced by LCD screens that use less power, are slimmer, and have better picture quality
Are there any accessories that I need to go with my PC monitor?
There is a range of different accessories you can purchase for your monitor:
– A keyboard, mouse, and USB hub will make it easier to control your computer
– A webcam is useful if you make presentations; this lets you see yourself on the monitor while speaking which makes it easier to pace your presentation and improves your image
– A sound system adds speakers to the monitor, allowing you to listen to music or watch movies with decent sound quality. You can also use these speakers when giving presentations, as it is easier to connect them to your monitor than an external sound system or projector
– A stand allows you to raise the screen higher off the desk which reduces neck strain
What are some of the best PC monitors?
There are several models available that are considered among the best on the market. These include:
– The NEC MultiSync LCD2690WUXi is the top-of-the-range model and it offers amazing image quality, even in bright sunlight or rooms with many windows
– The ViewSonic VG2233WM monitor has a slim design which makes it ideal for saving desk space, and excellent color accuracy along with brilliant contrast
– The Asus VS247H-P has a good response time and a slim design, making it perfect for watching movies or playing games
Is there anything else you need to know?
There are several things that you should look out for when buying a monitor:
– If you often turn your screen from landscape to portrait mode, look for a model with a height-adjustable stand
– If you will often be using your monitor in dark rooms or outside where it’s bright, look for a screen with a matte finish that reduces reflection and glare. Matte finishes are available on both LCD and CRT monitors
– Look for models that have been tested for flicker. This is how much the monitor’s brightness can be reduced when it is on for a long time. Some models are tested to only reduce their brightness by 10%, while others are tested to 60%; look for one that has been tested to 50% at most